W.F. Baird & Associates Coastal Engineers Ltd. (Baird) is one of the largest specialized rivers, coastal and marine engineering firms in North America, with offices in Canada, the United States, Barbados, Chile and Australia. We work on challenging projects at the land-water interface around the globe. We pride ourselves on building strong dynamic teams to facilitate personal and professional growth.
Summary of the Role
The Administrative Assistant role provides professional administrative support to colleagues in the Ottawa office, including members of the Executive Team, and as required throughout the Organization. The position will provide the administrative support necessary to deliver high quality products to clients, as well as contribute to team priorities and ensure confidentiality and other controls are maintained.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, motivated and personable Administrative Assistant to join our team. This position will be at our Ottawa, Ontario office located at 1145 Hunt Club Road. This is a permanent, full-time position Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
This position reports directly to the Office Leader, Ottawa.
- Undertake administrative duties in accordance with the office requirements including providing reception duties, answer and manage incoming calls, process incoming and outgoing mail/couriers and greeting visitors.
- Minute, produce and distribute accurate records of routine office meetings.
- Produce correspondence, proposals and contracts from written documents and other sources.
- Administer transactional financial processes, including payment cards for ordering goods, service and travel, petty cash, processing invoices and bank deposits, in line with Baird procedures.
- Accurately input data into computerised systems, databases and spreadsheets, and process, retrieve and cleanse data as necessary.
- Liaise with staff, clients and other agencies as appropriate, sharing information as directed and ensuring Baird’s health and safety procedures are properly followed.
- Maintain and update location information, supplies/equipment, association / membership fees, and periodical subscriptions.
- Maintain all paper and electronic filing systems, including establishment of new files, arranging for offsite storage and maintaining list of stored documents.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provide support to individuals as required, including calendar entries, travel planning, preparing detailed travel itineraries, arranging and supporting events, and arranging and servicing meetings.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Support managers in maintaining property and facilities and their security.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Administrative Assistant / Office Administration Program or equivalent combination of education.
- At least 5 - 7 years of C-Suite experience, of which three preferably within an engineering firm and/or consulting firm.
- Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions.
- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Ability to organize and coordinate administrative and logistical arrangements.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and other communications, summary reports, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to consider all the facts and the alternatives before deciding on the appropriate course of action.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be diplomatic and discreet.
- Must have advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and Internet browsers.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Deadline of Applications: June 1, 2018
To be consider for this position, please send your resume and cover letter quoting reference #: Administrative Assistant Ottawa to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Baird welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Baird is committed, upon request, to make accommodations available throughout the selection process.