Water Resource Engineer – Intermediate Level
W.F. Baird & Associates Coastal Engineers Ltd. (Baird) is one of the largest specialized river, coastal and marine engineering firms in North America, with offices in Canada, the United States, Barbados, Chile and Australia. We work on challenging projects at the land-water interface all around the globe. We pride ourselves on building strong dynamic teams to facilitate personal and professional growth. We work for a diverse group of clients, from local to Federal government agencies, private developers (e.g. resort owners), and industry (e.g. port authorities, mining companies and alternative energy developers).
We are currently looking for a, Water Resource Engineer – Intermediate Level, to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The successful candidate will need to be a team player, flexible and able to juggle multiple projects and changing priorities without missing tight deadlines or losing sight of overall project goals. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, including: watershed studies; environmental and impact assessments; stream and coastal restoration; and environmental monitoring.
Job duties will include the following:
- Collect and analyze field data;
- Prepare and check design computations and quantity estimates;
- Prepare and/or edit reports specifications, plans, environmental impact studies, permits, and designs for projects;
- Responsible for hydrologic/hydraulic modelling, water quality modelling, water quality and GIS analysis, watershed management planning;
- Contribute to project proposals and business development plans;
- Develop design drawings, specifications, applications for agency approvals and tender documents;
- Contribute to construction support services;
- Application of Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulation and standards.
- Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Must be registered, or eligible to be registered, as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MATLAB, AutoCAD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWAT, MIKE-21, MIKE-11 and working knowledge of GIS.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience with civil and water-related projects, involving groundwater, surface water, water supply/planning, water quality, watershed management planning and coastal restoration.
- Possess a diverse background in the following engineering disciplines: hydraulics, hydrology, earth processes, water resources, fluid mechanics and statistics.
- Ability to prepare engineering designs, technical specifications and cost estimates of hydraulic structures.
- Strong technical writing skills and experience writing design reports, and various resource agency reports.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks.
- Extremely responsible, equally suited to working independently or in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
Baird is employee owned. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Please forward your cover letter, and résumé in confidence to email@example.com. Indicate “Water Resource Engineer – Intermediate Level” in the subject line.
Baird is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, genetics or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against based on such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where Baird operates.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.