Landscape Architect/Designer - Entry Level
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. (Baird) is one of the largest specialized river, coastal and marine firms in North America, with offices in Canada, the United States, Barbados, Chile and Australia. We work on challenging projects at the land-water interface all around the globe. We pride ourselves on building strong dynamic teams to facilitate personal and professional growth.
We are currently looking for an dynamic, motivated and personable Landscape Architect/Designer - Entry Level to join our team. This position will support and strengthen our existing capabilities in planning, design and engineering projects including waterfront communities, parks, public spaces, ecosystem restoration, beaches and marinas. This position will start in our Madison, WI office, but there maybe an opportunity to transfer to another Baird Office if the operational and financial requirements warrant after a five-year period.
The selected candidate will assist a diverse team of international engineers and scientist with all phases of projects from initial site investigations through construction services.
Job Duties will include:
- Master planning through detailed design activities as a project contributor.
- Preparation of deliverables including base maps (utilizing Auto Cad and GIS) details, cross-sections, perspective renderings, figures, cost estimates, construction documents (plans and specifications) and reports.
- Field investigations (hydrographic/topographic surveys, soil sampling, deployment/retrieval of field data collection instruments etc.)
- Construction observation services.
- Miscellaneous tasks required to assist the project team, including necessary office errands, reproducing project documents, filing, organizing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Landscape Architecture from an accredited University or College.
- 1 - 5 years of professional experience as a Landscape Architect.
- Actively pursuing, or successful completion of, the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Flexible work style, with the ability to meet challenging deadlines and client needs.
- Ability to work well on multi-disciplinary teams (internal and external).
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suites, 3DS MAX, Rhino, other various graphic rendering programs, GIS, Word and Excel.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
Baird provides a stimulating work environment with opportunities for professional development and ownership within the company, competitive compensation and benefits.
Please forward your cover letter, résumé and portfolio in confidence to email@example.com. Indicate “Landscape Architect/Designer - Entry Level” in the subject line.
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an EOE/M/F/D/V.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.