Landscape Architect/Designer - Registered Professional
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. (Baird) is one of the largest specialized river, coastal and marine firms in North America, with offices in Canada, the United States, Barbados, Chile and Australia. We work on challenging projects at the land-water interface all around the globe. We pride ourselves on building strong dynamic teams to facilitate personal and professional growth.
We are currently looking for an dynamic, motivated and personable Landscape Architect/Designer – Registered Professional to join our team. This position will support and strengthen our existing capabilities in planning, design and engineering projects including waterfront communities, parks, public spaces, ecosystem restoration, beaches and marinas. This position will start in our Madison, WI office, but there maybe an opportunity to transfer to another Baird Office if the operational and financial requirements warrant after a two-year period.
The selected candidate must demonstrate a proven ability to lead waterfront projects from planning phases through completion.
Job Duties will include:
- Master planning through detailed design activities as both a project manager and project contributor.
- Public facilitation of waterfront projects.
- Mentoring and technical oversight of junior and mid-level staff.
- Business development activities including but not limited to networking, preparation of proposals, interviewing and negotiating fees.
- Preparation/review of deliverables including reports, cost estimates, renderings, plans and specifications.
- Managing and participating in field Investigations.
- Miscellaneous tasks as required to assist the project team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. Landscape Architecture from an accredited University or College.
- 5 - 15 years of professional experience as a Landscape Architect including experience with waterfront communities, parks, ecosystem restorations, beaches, marinas and regulatory coordination.
- Successful completion of the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (English) with demonstrable experience and skills in public facilitation, including web media.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Sound understanding and experience of business development process.
- Flexible work style, with the ability to meet challenging deadlines and client needs.
- Ability to work well on multi-disciplinary teams (internal and external).
- Proficient in design related software (AutoCAD Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, various graphic rendering programs GIS, etc.) and data analysis.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
Baird provides a stimulating work environment with opportunities for professional development and ownership within the company, competitive compensation and benefits.
Please forward your cover letter, résumé and portfolio in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Landscape Architect/Designer - Registered Professional” in the subject line.
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an EOE/M/F/D/V.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.