Marine / Coastal Engineer – Entry Level
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. (Baird) provides professional engineering and technical services related to the design of coastal structures and facilities that interact with the world’s oceans, lakes, and rivers. The company provides scientific analyses of coastal processes including studies of waves, water levels, currents, and sediment transport. Baird is recognized for the successful completion of innovative and practical projects throughout North and South America, the Caribbean, Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia. We pride ourselves on building strong dynamic teams to facilitate personal and professional growth.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, motivated, and personable Marine/Coastal Engineer – Entry Level to join our team. The candidate will have experience in analysis, design, and implementation related to one or more of the following areas:
- Port Infrastructure - port planning, piers, dolphins, bulkheads, heavy lift structures, pipelines, multi and single-buoy moorings, ship loading equipment, and procurement thereof.
- Navigation - navigation channels, navigation simulations, navigation systems, locks, vessel procurement.
- Coastal - shore protection, flood risk reduction infrastructure (levees, gates, walls), living shorelines, restoration.
- Waterfronts - marinas, boardwalks, coastal parks, resort developments, beaches.
- Renewables - offshore generator or support infrastructure foundations, port logistics, procurement.
This position will be in our Madison, WI office.
The selected candidate will assist a diverse team of international engineers and scientists on a variety of projects. Baird provides a stimulating work environment with opportunities for professional development and ownership within the company.
Job Duties will include:
- Development of innovative and effective approaches to solving client problems.
- Contributing to a project documentation including design briefs, design criteria, engineering reports, drawings, and/or specifications.
- Manage assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of coastal engineering experience in a consulting or contractor role.
- Current EIT Certificate or have the qualifications to obtain one in 12 months.
- Construction experience related to waterfront and coastal projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Word, and Excel.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally for 1–2 week periods.
Client Relationships - You communicate (written and verbal) with impact, build relationships with an open mind, and are passionate about client service excellence.
Communication Skills - Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (English).
Analytical Skills - Ability to break down problems and pull together data, ideas, issues, and observations into a clear and useful format.
Initiative - Ability to react and anticipate potential problems and provide clear, concise recommendations to resolve them.
Teamwork - Ability to share information and knowledge freely, offering support and cooperation.
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. is employee owned. We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package. Please forward your cover letter and résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Marine/Coastal Engineer – Entry Level” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.