Marine / Coastal Engineer – Mid-level
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. (Baird) provides professional engineering and technical services related to the design of coastal structures and facilities that interact with the world’s oceans, lakes, and rivers. The company provides scientific analyses of coastal processes including studies of waves, water levels, currents, and sediment transport. Baird is recognized for the successful completion of innovative and practical projects throughout North and South America, the Caribbean, Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia.
Baird provides a stimulating work environment with extensive opportunities for domestic and international travel, professional growth, and ownership within the company. We are one of the only firms in the world dedicated exclusively to marine and coastal projects, and we encourage you to visit our website to gain additional insight into or company, capabilities, and experience.
We are currently looking for a forward-thinking, creative, and approachable Marine/Coastal Engineer – Mid-level to join our team. The candidate will have experience in analysis, design, and implementation related to one or more of the following areas:
- Port Infrastructure - port planning, piers, dolphins, bulkheads, heavy lift structures, pipelines, multi and single-buoy moorings, ship loading equipment, and procurement thereof.
- Navigation - navigation channels, navigation simulations, navigation systems, locks, vessel procurement.
- Coastal - shore protection, flood risk reduction infrastructure (levees, gates, walls), living shorelines, restoration.
- Waterfronts - marinas, boardwalks, coastal parks, resort developments, beaches.
- Renewables - offshore generator or support infrastructure foundations, port logistics, procurement.
This position will be in our Madison, WI office.
Baird provides a stimulating work environment with opportunities for professional development and ownership within the company.
Job Duties will include:
- At a project level, provide clear guidance to designers and technical staff to meet client objectives.
- Write and coordinate winning proposals, attract new clients, and retain current clients as required.
- Managing project scope, budgets, schedules, and deliverables.
- Undertaking analysis, design, and implementation (including site investigation and construction engineering related services) as a member of a project team, as required by the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master of Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of five years of coastal engineering experience in a consulting or contractor role.
- Experience with the above-mentioned marine or coastal engineering elements.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in design engineering.
- A minimum of three years’ experience managing projects.
- Layout, structural, specification, cost estimating, geotechnical experience.
- Professional Engineer license.
- Construction experience related to the above-mentioned marine or coastal projects.
- Willingness to travel for several 1-2 week periods domestically and internationally. Occasional assignments may be longer (25% of the time).
Client Relationships - You communicate (written and verbal) with impact, build relationships with an open mind, and are passionate about client service excellence.
Communication Skills - Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (English).
Analytical Skills - Ability to make complex plans or analyses using various analytical techniques to break complex problems into component parts.
Initiative - Ability to develop, implement, and anticipate problems and find creative solutions to address them.
Teamwork - Ability to share information and knowledge freely, offering support and cooperation.
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. is employee owned. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Please forward your cover letter and résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Marine/Coastal Engineer – Mid-level” in the subject line.
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an EOE/M/F/D/V.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.