Senior CAD Technician (M230)
W.F. Baird & Associates is seeking a multifaceted and personable senior level Civil Engineering technician. This individual will provide technical assistance to a diverse team of engineers and scientists working on a variety of marine and coastal designs.
- Education - A.A.S. Civil Engineering Technology or similar
- Experience - Minimum 5 yrs. experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D for production of civil related engineering and construction drawings
- Software - Must be fully versed and experienced with the latest editions of AutoCAD Civil 3D and able to prepare drawings in a 3D environment
- Quality - Must be capable of developing and maintaining CAD Standards to international guidelines
- Management - Must be capable of coordinating and leading an in-house group of civil engineering technicians, assigning work, coordinating project work flow, and mentoring of younger staff
- Experience developing construction drawings for marine or coastal infrastructure projects.
- Experience undertaking short-term construction observation assignments for marine or coastal infrastructure projects
- Experience developing cost estimates for marine or coastal infrastructure
- Experience gathering topographic and bathymetric field data
- Experience deploying water based monitoring instruments such as ADCPs or turbidity monitors
- Experience utilizing ArcGIS to manage and display significant datasets
- Experience gathering and cleaning hydrologic or hydraulic data
- Experience assisting in the setup of hydrologic or hydraulic models
- Experience processing data output from models (utilizing MATLAB or similar)
Assignments will include development of engineering drawings, report figures, 3D models, site analysis, data gathering, data processing, quantity development, model setup, and cost estimating. Additionally, assistance with field data collection tasks may be required from time to time. Opportunities for construction observation tasks may be required intermittently.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé in confidence to email@example.com. Indicate (M230) in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.