Senior Civil Engineering Technician
Are you passionate about coastal engineering and the world we live in...
At Baird, our vision is to focus on developing innovative, best in class solutions that will shape the future of where water meets land. We pride ourselves on building strong dynamic teams to facilitate personal and professional growth. It is our goal to ensure that our employees are having fun and enjoying what they do. We feel this will help them to think and function more holistically.
W.F. Baird & Associates Ltd. (Baird) provides professional engineering and technical services related to the design of coastal structures and facilities that interact with the world’s oceans, lakes, and rivers. The company provides scientific analyses of coastal processes including studies of waves, water levels, currents, sediment transport, and water quality. Baird is recognized for the successful completion of innovative and practical projects throughout North and South America, the Caribbean, Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
We are currently looking for a dedicated, creative, and approachable Sr. Civil Engineering Technician. The candidate will work with engineers, project managers, and other technical staff throughout the company. Work will involve field data collection, cost estimating, project scheduling, and preparation of drawings, designs, and figures associated with projects. This role will require the candidate to produce quality work, while meeting the budget and schedules of multiple concurrent projects.
The selected candidate will assist a diverse team of international engineers and scientists with all phases of projects. Baird provides a stimulating work environment with opportunities for professional development and ownership within the company.
Job Duties will include:
- Prepare design and construction drawings, base maps, figures, renderings, and other graphics for projects using commercial software and internal protocols
- Undertake estimates of project construction cost using internal company methods and commercial software
- Undertake preparation of detailed schedules and subsequent updating using commercial software
- Lead in the collection of field data and associated reporting to accomplish the design or to maintain field data collection equipment
- Support as part of a construction observation team
- Perform tasks such as digitizing, copying, and scanning of drawings, prints, and maps
- Perform other duties as assigned
- AA Degree in Civil Engineering Technology.
- 5-10 years of experience using AutoCAD and Civil 3D software, including, but not limited to the development of horizontal and vertical alignments, grading, profiles, sections, quantities, surfaces, and knowledge of CAD Standards.
- Experience in MicroStation, GIS, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, Microsoft Project, Primavera, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Some travel will be required to undertake the job duties described above. Travel may be planned or on an immediate basis, and the candidate will need to be flexible in meeting project deadlines.
- Undertaking fieldwork in and around environments involving water such as coastal, riverine, and estuarine project locations.
- Fast-paced office environment with a high impact team.
Analytical Thinking – Ability to use various analytical techniques to break complex problems into component parts.
Team Work - Act to promote good working relationships, make sure that the team draws on one another’s knowledge and diversity to strengthen their product.
Organization – Ability to execute duties in a timely, efficient manner with no errors.
Communication - Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (English).
Initiative – Ability to develop, implement, and anticipate problems and find creative solutions to address them.
Baird is employee owned. This is a permanent full-time position. Compensation is competitive and includes a comprehensive benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please email email@example.com. Indicate “Sr. Civil Engineering Technician” in the subject line.
Baird seeks to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.