The city’s severely decaying commercial/industrial waterfront was in need of revitalization. The integration of numerous satellite developments including a full service marina, condominium projects, a hotel convention center, waterfront restaurant, and a public maritime museum resulted in a vibrant, publicly accessible, multi-use recreational waterfront.
« See Other Projects in Waterfronts
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
View on Google Maps »
Baird provided project management and coordination of all design and regulatory activities. Given the number of satelite projects involved, extensive coordination with numerous developers, contractors and regulators was required. Highlights include:
- 2,000 feet of public promenade and pedestrian linkages to downtown
- Two small craft harbours and a small launch ramp facility
- Public overlooks and parking areas
- Landscaping and storm water management
- Mooring accommodations
- Fast track regulatory and construction processes.
- Coordinate design and construction of the public waterfront promenade with other independent and adjacent developments .
- Extremely poor and highly variable subsurface conditions complicated constructability.
- A two-phase approach allowed construction to begin while still addressing complex regulatory issues.
- A flexible and adaptive approach accommodated development plans that progressed simultaneously.
- Numerous soil stabilizing techniques allowed for the timely completion of construction.